North Laine History

Home General Histories Buildings Streets People Talks and Walks The Conservation Area

Built circa 1850, it is a street of four-storey terraced houses. The 1856 Folthorps directory described the housing as "small tenements". In 1868 trades listed were those of a painter, beer retailer, milliner, and the Brighton and County Loan Office. See the page  by Alice Reynolds on life in Over Street.

Over St